2020 Jeep Compass Towing
The 2020 Jeep Compass is an attractive compact SUV that offers Orangeburg drivers superior handling and a versatile storage space for their Charleston errands. However, don’t let its demeanor fool you, this SUV is a fully loaded Jeep vehicle, complete with an available 4×4 system and the Trail Rated® Badge. Many drivers find themselves asking what the Jeep Compass towing capacity is and what Jeep Compass towing packages are available. Learn more about the Compass towing capacity with Tony T Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg, then compare the Jeep Compass with the 2020 Jeep Cherokee to see which SUV fits your needs best.
Jeep Compass Engine Specs
The Jeep Compass towing capacity will depend on which trim level and drivetrain system you choose. Every Jeep Compass begins with a standard 1,000-pound towing capacity, but when it’s properly equipped the Jeep Compass can pull up to 4,600-pounds. Combine this with it’s 59.8 cubic feet of cargo space and you can pull your boat and all your fishing equipment on your next outdoor adventure.
The Jeep Compass comes with a 2.4L I-4 MultiAir engine on every trim level, it provides 180 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque. The Compass also comes with two drivetrain options: FWD and 4×4. Compare the FWD and 4×4 drivetrain systems and their towing capacities below:
2.4L I-4 MultiAir engine with FWD
- 3,184 pounds curb weight
- 4,400 pounds GVWR
- 6-speed automatic transmission (6-speed manual with the Sport trim)
2.4L I-4 MultiAir engine with 4×4 System
- 3,327 pounds curb weight (3,633 pounds with the Trailhawk® trim)
- 4,600 pounds GVWR (4,700 pounds with the Trailhawk® trim)
- 9-speed automatic transmission
Jeep Compass Towing Packing And Features
The Jeep Compass towing capacity isn’t the only thing that’s appealing to Columbia drivers, the Jeep Compass towing package comes with easy-to-use features that make towing easier and safer on Lexington roads.
- Jeep Compass Towing Package: When you get the Trailer Tow Group package with a four-pin wiring harness and a Class III tow hitch receiver, you unlock the maximum Jeep Compass towing capacity.
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera: Use this camera to easily hitch up to your trailer and park in difficult spaces.
- Water Fording: With special water sealing and high air intakes, you can place your boat in the water worrying about getting water inside your Compass.
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System: This system makes driving and towing easy with optimized drive modes for Snow, Sand, Mud, and (available) Rock.
- Hill Descent Control: If your favorite fishing spot is behind challenging hills, Hill Descent Control will give you added peace of mind. This system monitors braking, speed, and throttle when navigating steep terrain. It is offered exclusively for the Compass Trailhawk® trim level.
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4×4 System: The Compass Trailhawk® trim includes 4×4 features like the rear-axle disconnect, which lets you switch between 2WD and 4WD for more efficiency or traction.
Test Drive a Jeep Compass at Plaza CDJR of Orangeburg!
Now that you know more about the Jeep Compass towing package and towing capacity, explore the Jeep Compass trim levels and interior features in our online model showroom. When you’re ready to start the car buying process you can apply for financing online and find the value of your trade-in vehicle. Our finance team is also here to answer any of your questions. We look forward to hearing from you whether you choose a new or used Jeep Compass!
More from Tony T Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg
While fewer new vehicles offer manual transmissions, fun-to-drive paddle shifters are becoming more popular. Both put Charleston drivers in control of their driving experience. What is low gear in a car with a manual transmission or paddle shifters? Do you know when to use low gear? Tony T Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg takes a look at low gear so you…
There’s so much to love about the 2021 Dodge Charger, like the standard 292-hp 3.6L V-6 engine, and seven distinct trim levels that include: SXT RWD – $30,245 MSRP GT RWD –$32,245 MSRP R/T (RWD only) – $37,245 MSRP Scat Pack (RWD only) – $41,920 MSRP Scat Pack Widebody (RWD) – $47,915 MSRP SRT Hellcat…
If you’re wondering, can you lease a used car near Charleston, the answer is yes! At Tony T Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg we offer our customers used car leasing, which will not only give you the lower monthly payments that come with leasing, but also the more affordable price of a used car. How does used car leasing work? Can…